Need Info to Reply to Sexist

Anita Ebenezer ebenezer at sfu.ca
Sat Oct 21 21:11:01 EST 1995

Hello out there!

	I am currently doing research for an ONLINE Directory of Women
Mentors.  This directory will be used by women to discuss professional
questions and concerns with other, more experienced, women (eg handling
sexual discrimination and/or harassment; communicating in a male
dominated environment, how to balance work and family ...).

	A member of my team received a message from a professional
educator which we found rather shocking.  This person did not agree with
our mandate because he believed it was "sexist".

	The fact of the matter is that a level playing field does not
exist for many professional women.  Further, women face a number of
different and complicated issues which their male colleagues often don't
understand. I would like to respond with some hard facts and persuasive
arguements.

	I would appreciate any info or insight you might have to bolster my
retort.

		Thanking you,

			Anita
			(ebenezer at sfu.ca)