Searching for Professional Women Mentors

Anita Ebenezer ebenezer at sfu.ca
Sat Oct 21 21:31:17 EST 1995

Dear Professional Women:

	As a female university student, I believe that few resources
exist for young women to interact with successful professional women who
could be extremely valuable as both information sources and mentors as we try
to find our footing in our chosen career paths.

	Recognizing this, three female classmates and I at Simon Fraser
University in Vancouver, Canada, propose to publish on the internet, a
Women's Information Networking Directory (W.I.N.) of professional women
willing to be electronically asscessible to young women seeking career
and educational advice.

	We are seeking the support of women willing to participate by
providing a brief biography that would include information on career
paths as well as an e-mail address.  These women would be committing to
electronically answering queries, but would also be able to exclude
themselves from the program at any time they wish.

	This project cannot proceed without the support of many women.  I
hope that you will consider our request and e-mail your response or any
questions you may have to me.  Any further references to other potential
mentors would also be most appreciated.

	It has been proven that most young women drop out of studies not
because they lack ability, but because of lack of direction and guidance
and because they are unsure of themselves.

	We hope that this directory, listing the achievements of
successful women, will open up similar opportunities and ideas for young
women like ourselves.

	Sincerely,

		Anita Ebenezer

			(ebenezer at sfu.ca)