teaching pos'ns without research

Anne Bazanowski bazanowski at a1.mscf.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 25 16:43:17 EST 1995

I was drawn to a graduate program because I want to teach biology on the
college level.  I thought, "I'll spend a few years here in graduate
school, get my Ph.D., and go to a small liberal arts school and teach."
The problem is that my research has been going very slowly.  I find it
difficult and frustrating.  However I am still very excited about
teaching, in particular--more advanced courses such as developmental
biology and molecular biology.

I am wondering, "Are there full-time teaching positions in colleges that
would not require research?  Do they exist, and if so, in what types of
institutions?"

Thanks for your helpful responses,
Anne Bazanowski