interview attire

Lori Kohlstaedt kohlstaedt at
Thu Oct 26 14:07:42 EST 1995

Do you need to wear a dress, heels?

Nope.  I wore pants to all my interviews and I now have exactly the job I
wanted.  Typical outfit:  dark slacks, decent blouse, relaxed-cut jacket.
You don't want to be mistaken for either a saleswoman or a grad student.

One piece of advice: I have heard my elders speak disparagingly of people
who "look like they just cut the tags off."  Wear your interview clothes a
little befor you go so that you are sure you are comfortable in them!

Good luck.
Lori Kohlstaedt
Dept. of Chemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
(805) 893-7040
<Reciprocal Space, the Final Frontier>