New authorship question

Lauryl Maiya J Nutter lmjnutte at acs5.acs.ucalgary.ca
Tue Oct 31 00:17:17 EST 1995

>any opinions as to using initials vs. full first/middle name, assuming the
>journal gives you a choice. The journal I'm publishing in does give a choice
>and I've decided to use my initials only.  My reasoning is that by only using
>my initials the reader cannot be biased as to the sex of the author(s) and
.evaluates the paper on its merits alone.

I think that you should go with whatever makes you comfortable.
One thing to consider, are there other people publishing in your
field whose name, when only initials are used, might be confused
with yours?

Lauryl Nutter
Dept. Biological Sciences
University of Calgary