feminism and science

Roberta S. King rking at fdant.nctr.fda.gov
Wed Sep 6 15:23:38 EST 1995

>Cameron Smith <cameron at ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:
>>I am a grad student in Communications and I am writing my thesis on the
>>rhetoric used in the sciences. I am largely taking a feminist perspective
>>to illustrate how the sciecne are not value-free, objective, truth
>>finding disciplines

A book entitled "Lifting the Veil: The Feminine Face of Science" may also be
useful.  It has some chapters that deal directly with how science writes
about itself and the values it imposes.  I do not remember the author, but if
you cannot find it on your libraries catalog, return email to
<rking at fdant.nctr.fda.gov>