Summer Research/Mammary Glands

Ruhlen Rachel rar453s at nic.smsu.edu
Sat Sep 9 11:25:17 EST 1995

I'd like a listof summer research programs for undergrads or grad students.
r  if you know of a program let me know about it.  I'm more interested
in lab work than, for example, ecology stuff, but I'd like to hear about whatever's
out there.

Also, in my comparative vertebrate anatomy course two semesters ago, they
told us that mammary glands are modified sweat glands.  Isn't it more likely
to be the other way around, that is, sweat glands are modified mammary glands?
I know dogs and cats don't sweat, but they nurse the young.  Do platypi sweat?

Rachel