the feminist critique of science

Paul Curtis Smith pcsmith at alpha2.csd.uwm.edu
Tue Sep 12 13:46:06 EST 1995

joy frestedt (frest001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU) wrote:
: Actually, many reports do exist which study RARE men with breast cancer.  I'm
: most familiar with the cytogenetic studies but drug studies, etc. are also
: present.  (flame retardant: I never said these weren't worth studying!)
: Joy

     In fact, just this last weekend I gave money to a group of bikers (as
in Harley...) who were soliciting for a breast cancer research fundraiser in
part by pointing out that this is a disease that strikes both men and women.
This is apparently a not-that-poorly-known fact.

Paul