the feminist critique of science

Cameron Smith cameron at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Sep 14 00:25:07 EST 1995

On 13 Sep 1995, Julia Frugoli wrote:

  I have met many a man convinced the world
> would stop if his corner of science slowed down (read:his funding cut).
> I have met several talented women doing cutting-edge research who in
> their dark moments want to drop out of science because their research
> isn't "saving the world"....

	is it really sucha  dichotomy?

 ... I have also met a lot of people, male and
> female, who fall in between....

	I believe you have just begun to touch on post-feminism, the
concept that feminism, in its own way seeks to objectively categorize in
a manner not all that much different from those darn modernists.
Post-feminism, (IMHO) acknowledges that it ain't so easy to simply
separate the folks into two sexes, or two genders or two anything.

--thoughts by cameron

(that person with the egg and sperm story)