ANNOUNCEMENT: Women's Health Conference

deal at deal at
Fri Sep 22 14:50:46 EST 1995

In article <44341.frest001 at> frest001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU ("Joy Frestedt") writes:
>Sherry, Seline, and others;
>You really made me think...I was too preoccupied to notice what really
>bothered me about posts like this and you hit the problem on the head!  I
>hope some of the people who write this jibberish were watching and will
>consider changing their ways!  Let's use ENGLISH to talk with one another,
>not some fabricated jargon designed to sensationalise the already
>important facts...

One of the committees I sit on (can you say "sucker"?) has the enviable task
of handing out money.  We recently rejected a proposal outright because it was
written in this type of new age gobbledy-gook.  We couldn't figure out what
was being said.  Dare I admit - some sentences were read outloud for the
entertainment factor.  The submittor was informed that it seeemed that there
might be a good idea in the proposal.  If it were re-submitted in English, it
might have a chance.

Clarity of language makes a very real difference. (versus properness of
language... ;-))