Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers!

Drmarts drmarts at
Mon Sep 25 08:44:47 EST 1995

In message <441hio$go at>, cboyd at (Charles R.
Boyd) wrote:

>>>On Saturday morning, September 23rd at 7:48am, the Associated Press
filed a report from Miami, Florida saying that a Wal-Mart store had yanked
T-shirts from it's shelves after one customer complained the shirts were
"offensive."  The shirts bore the character of Margaret from the cartoon
strip "Dennis the Menace" saying "Someday a woman will be president."<<<
>>>Later the same morning, CNN reported the designer of the shirt had
intended for it to boost the confidance and self-esteem of young girls,
but Wal-Mart had found it to be against it's stated commitment to "family

Every time I hear the phrase "family values" I want to ask "_Whose_
family." Certainly, one of my family's values is that women can do
anything, be anything they choose.

I think I hear a boycott coming...

Sherry Marts
American Health Assistance Foundation