help on the net

muriel lederman mstorrie at vt.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:54:06 EST 1995

To Bronwyn et al., - Yes Bronwyn, I understand your point - and if you
phrased your request to the net to indicate that you had tried
unsuccessfully to get information, I would help you if I could. What gripes
me are those individuals who are going to the net as a first step. Some are
highschoolers and younger - I would try to help them because they may not
have access to libraries with the information they need. I really get
incensed when grad students of working professionals in the field use the
net as a primary resouce. Maybe I'm in the information equavilent of
"sticker shock", but I firmaly believe that books whould be the front line
for information gathering. Muriel

Muriel Lederman           lederman at vt.edu     540.231.5702 (phone)
Department of Biology                         540.231.9307 (fax)
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg VA 24061-0406