non-traditional u-grad needs encouragement

Marc Goldstein magoldst at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 5 15:06:18 EST 1996

Julie,

	My advice is just to choke through it. That's what I did. Back in
college I was a straight b+ student, but orgo really threw me, despite
a reasonably good teacher. I suffered through all those synthesis
reactions, pulled a C or C-, and went on with my life. It didn't hurt
me in applications to grad school. In fact, most of the people I
interviewed with had similar stories of their experiences with
organica chemistry. I've managed to lead a full, happy life without
ever mastering the subject. Best of luck to you; just reallize that
worrying about it is probably more disruptive to your life than the
class itself.

Marc