Women and Genetics....

Jane Dorweiler dorwe001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Wed Apr 10 08:07:24 EST 1996

In message <4kd5de$rmk at dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com> DEBRA writes:
>  At my current job, there are no women MDs and only one
> part time female Phd who, in fact only makes a few thousand more than
> me! Our male PhD makes twice as much as her. For someone in my
> position-lab tech-it is extremely difficult to carry a positive
> attitude when there are no female mentors to lend support and
> encouragement.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if the female PhD works part-time and the male PhD
is presumably full-time, wouldn't you expect him to make about twice as much as
her?

Jane Dorweiler                 **  Regardless of what they say about the
Department of Plant Biology    **  cat, curiosity is a good thing.  It's
University of Minnesota        **  what makes each and every one of us
dorwe001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu     **  a scientist!!