Salary/start-up negotiations

Peggy Barr mcb10 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 23 07:30:24 EST 1996

Hi all,

I'm sure this topic must have been covered previously, but I've only been
following this newsgroup for a few months.  I am interviewing for
tenure-track faculty positions and I hope I will eventually be in the
position of negotiating salary, start-up and other financial matters with
a prospective employer. I am aware that there is a significant salary
differential for men and women if you look at the overall picture in
almost any field.  How do I go about ensuring that I don't add to that
problem?   Any advice or experiences from other women in biology (I'm a
virologist) would be gratefully received.

Thanks for the help!

Peggy Barr