candidacy exam prep. problems..

Majumder lab jhmorris at utmdacc.mda.uth.tmc.edu
Tue Aug 20 10:51:49 EST 1996

In article <Deborah_Britt-2008961054170001 at cis-ts6-slip9.cis.brown.edu>,
Deborah_Britt at brown.edu (Deb Britt) wrote:

> In my grad school program, the major professor's role was basically just
> to show up (armed with questions!) for the exam.  Our exams were given by
> the members of the thesis committee, plus one extra prof from inside the
> the department, and one from outside.

Funny, my department in grad school established that your major professor
is *not* allowed on the exam committee.  I guess this way the committee is
supposed to be more impartial.  Who knows?

--Julia Hsi Morris

jhmorris at utmdacc.mda.uth.tmc.edu or zzhao at utmdacc.mda.uth.tmc.edu
Dept. of Neuro-Oncology, Box 316
University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX