Seeking Career Advice

R. Elena Tabachnick etabachn at wppost.depaul.edu
Wed Aug 28 17:09:49 EST 1996

falco at cd-online.nl (falco) wrote:
>DONT DO IT !!! IT IS TO DEFICULT .
>
>THERE ARE NO JOBS TO FIND AND IT IS BAD PAY

I started as an artist and ended up a paleontologist. Although the job
market for research scientists is gawd awful, I want to contradict falco
and say, "Go for it."  In the end I became university employed on the
strength of the diversity of my background (science & art).  There are
industry, state and local governm't jobs as well as education jobs at all
levels (elementary school through college)... I also worked in museum
exhibit development for awhile.

As to colleges, I can't say as it is not my field.  Good question to ask,
though.  Good luck.