Seeking Career Advice

Elaine Morse (BIO) morse at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Fri Aug 30 12:18:52 EST 1996

On 28 Aug 1996, R. Elena Tabachnick wrote:

> falco at cd-online.nl (falco) wrote:
> >DONT DO IT !!! IT IS TO DEFICULT .
> >
> >THERE ARE NO JOBS TO FIND AND IT IS BAD PAY
>
> I started as an artist and ended up a paleontologist. Although the job
> market for research scientists is gawd awful, I want to contradict falco
> and say, "Go for it."  In the end I became university employed on the
> strength of the diversity of my background (science & art).  There are
> industry, state and local governm't jobs as well as education jobs at all
> levels (elementary school through college)... I also worked in museum
> exhibit development for awhile.
>
> As to colleges, I can't say as it is not my field.  Good question to ask,
> though.  Good luck.

      Thanks for the encouraging words above!!!!  As a microbiology
undergrad, already holding a B.A. in Fine Arts(photography), I find myself
questioning whether I'm doing the right thing in pursuing this second
degree....where it might take me in the world....My curiosity and
fasination keep me going!!!!       Sincerely, E. Morse-