December 6

Vanessa Bailey Vanessa.Bailey at UAlberta.CA
Wed Dec 4 14:57:43 EST 1996

I am a regular "lurker" here, and since we often discuss the trials
associated with succeeding in any discipline of science, I thought it
would be appropriate to post a brief reminder here.

On December 6, 1989 14 female engineering students were shot to death in
theirclassroom at L'Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal, Quebec by one man.  All of
the women in the class were targets and many were injured as well.  Many
(most?) Canadian universities will be holding memorials/candlelight vigils
for the "Montreal Massacre" on December 6 this year.  At least, please
don't let these women be forgotten.

Thank-you,

Vanessa

************************************