Why I am a Biologist

Roberta Meehan biology at ctos.com
Mon Dec 2 19:30:02 EST 1996

As my e-mail address indicates, I am a biologist.  People sometimes
ask me why.  After much serious thought, I came up with this
explanation:  (Yes, it is original -- mine, completely mine.)

When I first started out, I was going to be a mathematician.  So I
took algebra, but I found that was highly variable.

So, I tried geometry.  And that's where I learned all the angles.

Then I took calculus.  That was truly an integrating experience, but
it definitely had its limits.

After a great deal of consideration, I decided to turn away from math
and give some serious thought to science.

I tried geology, but found that was kind of hard.

Next I tried physics but I knew that would never work.

And even though I'd heard chemists had all the solutions, I finally
opted for biology because, after all, it's a living.

--
Donna Woodka    |"It's not enough to question authority;
woodka at sdsc.edu | -- Taylor Mali, Slam Poet