cross-posting to science careers?

Sabine Dippel sabine at hlrz28.zam.kfa-juelich.de
Thu Dec 12 03:22:46 EST 1996

In article <Pine.A41.3.95b.961211230329.3808A-100000 at dante18.u.washington.edu>,
Sarah Boomer <sarai at u.washington.edu> writes:
|> I just heard that a bunch of posts from this newgroups have been appearing
|> on the science careers network... I am not quite sure how I feel about
|> this, how knowing anything about that group or the readership.  The timing
|> of it all also feels a bit weird because I just got strange messages about
|> some journalist wanting to talk to me (oh dear).  I've been pretty sick
|> with an intense flu/cold but someone in my lab told me about some
|> interesting messages... then I heard from Jenn that a mutual friend of
|> ours has been reading all about us on science careers.  I guess it doesn't
|> bother me intensely (although I'm writing this on lots of Benedryl that
|> has been making me crabby!).  I just figured that I outta alert other
|> readers of this group to this little development - perhaps others out
|> there have better opinions on cross-posts.  I'm too feverish to decide!
|> And darn if I didn't have to carry all my thesis up today running a
|> hundred and one - not a pretty sight for the poor person to have to check
|> all those margins!

Now, this is really strange. I peer into science careers once in a while, and
I remember some time ago some discussion spreading over from there into
women-in-bio, and thus the followups here in this group appearing there as
well. Lately, I have seen nothing of that sort. I just checked all the old
posts from women-in-bio listed by my newsreader, there I found no hints that
they might have appeared in science careers.

Anyway, if you want to make sure, always check the Newsgroups and Followup-To
in the header of your messages. But then, anyone might post a followup of any
posting in women-in-bio in any other newsgroup they want to. We should be
aware of that.

Sabine