What would you have done?

Catherine Patterson cpatterson at WATSON.PRINCETON.EDU
Fri Feb 9 19:21:02 EST 1996

>On 9 Feb 1996, DAWN C. GORDON wrote:
>
>> HI!  This happened to me 4 years ago.  At the moment it happened, I
>> thought nothing of it; soon afterward, when I told some girlfriends
>> of mine, it "hit the fan"....

I think I would have done the same thing as Dawn.  In the end it didn't
matter, the award was still given to her.  I've kind of come to the
decision that sometimes to act a certain way to get the results you want is
OK as long as the evaluation is being biased in an 'unfair' way.  What I
mean, is that I too would have probably been tending towards a smart remark
- and then acted as though I thought the question was reasonable.  I hope,
Dawn, that you aren't chastising yourself for past events... and thank you
very much for bringing it to our attention.
Cathy