BICO noninvasive glucose sensor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Brandon Taylor jbt678 at nwu.edu
Tue Feb 13 02:45:10 EST 1996

Email Susan Taylor PR for BICO : "Susan M. Taylor" <75662.3715 at compuserve.com>

A noninvasive glucose sensor that could make testing easier thereby granting
tighter control of our glucose levels has been in the FDA approval process for
two years.  Biocontrol Technology, Inc.'s 510(k) Notification for the Diasensor
1000 noninvasive glucose sensor will have a panel review by the FDA at 9:00
a.m., February 26, 1996 at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Ballroom, 2 Montgomery
Village Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD.  Following this meeting, which is open to the
public, the FDA will vote on BICO's requested market approval.  If you feel that
your overall health, or that of a diabetic in your care, would be aided by such
a sensor and would like a chance to express your opinion, attend the panel
review.  If that is absolutely impossible, write a letter.  The address follows,
together with a suggested wording.  Of course, any wording will do.

Cornelia Rooks
Center for Devices & Radiological Health
Food & Drug Administration
2098 Gaither Road
Rockville, MD  20850

I am a diabetic or caring for a diabetic, and I understand that the Diasensor
1000 noninvasive glucose sensor will have a panel review by  the FDA on February
26, 1996.

If it were possible, I would attend to voice my support for such a device.
Since that is impossible, however, I am writing to urge you to approve  this
noninvasive glucose sensor for sale.  to have such a device available would be
of great help in the mandatory frequent monitoring of blood glucose levels.
Unless you have been diabetic or cared for a diabetic, you cannot understand the
pain an complications of the finger spricking now necessary.

Sincerely,

NAME:

ADDRESS:

--