High heels

Public Workstation public at biomed.med.yale.edu
Tue Feb 13 22:29:09 EST 1996

I am convinced high heels were developed by some cruel man who hated women. They are
the most uncomfortable things on the planet. I would not take a job where heels were
a requirement. The shoes that are out these days with the large heels are more
comfortable but after a day of wandering around they also hurt. Taking them off
under the boardroom table is a no-no because your feet swell while the shoes are off
and it makes it worse to get back into them.

I must admit though. Heels do make ones legs look more attractive so I do wear them
to places where I care that my legs look more attractive and lab just AIN'T one of
those places and I can't see a job in science with the men that exist in science
being one of those places.

Tori, Grad student

twilliam at biomed.med.yale.edu