What would you have done?

Ms. S.J. Rickard srickard at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 06:46:29 EST 1996

SNIP
> international (have you ever been ticked at a British advertisement for
> "YOUNG SCIENTISTS UNDER 30 YEARS OF AGE???" -- I have [obviously, I'm over
> thirty.]).

Yes, in there wisdom the British government voted against a bill which
would end age discimination!!! Unbelievable! Their grounds were
(unsurprisingly) that it would cost too much for employers and reduced
there freedom. Yeah right! Does that apply to black people or women too????
Hopefully (when our government changes-SOON!) these things will be sorted
out!
Sarah