PhD, etc outside the US

Ms. S.J. Rickard srickard at
Mon Feb 19 11:24:01 EST 1996

All Phd students registar as MPhils for their first year, those who don't 
cut the mustard so to speak can drop out at the 1 year level and get an 
A masters (Msc or MA) is not funded here in Britain and so epople tend to 
be more mature and more motivated when taking it. It's often done in 
order to specialise in a field, without having to do the full Phd thing. 
It is taken seriously here in Britain and quite distinct from a Phd.
Is this not the case elsewhere??

More information about the Womenbio mailing list