surname

DAWN C. GORDON I7BF at UNB.CA
Tue Feb 20 15:22:55 EST 1996

    This is a short note regarding Karen Allendorfer's posting (re:
what would you have done).  She was curious about why I changed my
surname after marriage.  I don't mind talking about it, because it
is not an important matter to me.  Here's why: I no longer have to
spell out my name  over the telephone.
     However, if I had really begun my career, I may have considered not
changing it.  The publications under my maiden name are in another field
 (aquaculature)than the one I am in now (plant biochemistry)
     DAWN