US vs Europe: hours in lab

DAWN C. GORDON I7BF at UNB.CA
Tue Feb 20 18:53:59 EST 1996

  Of the European graduate students I've known at my university
(from U.K. and Germany), all have worked long hours at the lab.  It
seemed to me it was a work habit they brought with them, rather than
acquired here.  I myself work long hours infrequently, such as when
a deadline has to be met.  I sometimes feel guilty for not putting
in long days and weekends all the time.
    DAWN