general comments

Jessica Willow Soucy willow at wpi.edu
Wed Feb 21 00:21:54 EST 1996

	I think what I like about this news group is that there is
discussion about "real stuff" between women in science. I don't get the
chance to talk or listen to many women in science because I attend a
school in which the majority (87%) of people in my classes, and lab are
male. It is refreshing to discuss topics about science and generally work
related stuff with other females. As much as we'd like to beleive family,
discrimination, and misinterpretations aren't apart of everyday life of
women they very much are a part of life. I find the discussions here
helpful to my decisions, and how I prepare and would react to
discrimination. I think that hearing others peoples real life experiences
has helped me to be ready for what really happens now a days. It's also
nice to have other people identify
with your feelings and express their opinions and experiences, when it is
difficult to find people who are willing to discuss real life issues in
your lab or social group.

jess soucy