women-in-science?

Liz Johnson ejohnson at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Feb 21 08:36:59 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960221091729.24386A-100000 at tin>,
Ms. S.J. Rickard <srickard at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:
>else to go. Is it possible to alter the name of the newsgroup so as to
>reflect this???? If we were called women-in-science then maybe we would
>attract more women from many scientific disciplines, and the name would
>reflect the true nature of the group.

Actually there is a newsgroup like this called "info.wisenet."  But
the subscribers (and conversation) is usually different on the two lists.
That group is also a Listserv, I believe, so people who don't have access
to Usenet newsgroups can still participate.

Liz Johnson