AWIS: what's it all about?

Sarah L. Pallas spallas at
Wed Feb 21 18:33:08 EST 1996

In article <4gdhjr$9gq at> Karen Allendoerfer,
ravena at writes:
>While we're talking about AWIS, can someone post the contact numbers
>for the national chapter?

National office 202-408-0742, awis at, or

Madison WI chapter: contact Jaleh Daie, 329 Birge Hall, UW-Madison.

Remember that AWIS is run by scientists just like you, who are busy and
have taken on extra duties in AWIS because they want to help women.  They
may not have time to call everybody and you shouldn't feel snubbed if
they don't.  I got so busy I can't even go anymore, much less volunteer,
but I got a lot out of it when I did go.

Sarah Pallas