Y not??

Deb Britt debbritt at brownvm.brown.edu
Wed Feb 21 17:28:34 EST 1996

In article <4g2k8a$bu3 at sepia.nioz.nl>, Gert Jan Gast <gjgast at nioz.nl>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    Is having no Y chromosome (to include those rare XXY's) to be
> hold as a criterium to participate in this newsgroup?

>    What do you think&feel?
>
> Luck, GJ (indeed: XY)
(edited)

I think that if you are interested in the subjects covered in this group,
then by all means go ahead and read the postings.  You should even feel
free to reply, as long as you bring common courtesy along with that Y
chromosome.  I would be offended if I happened upon a newsgroup for "men in
science" that excluded women.

As long as this forum continues to deal with subjects of interest to women
in science I don't think we should feel threatened by the occassional male
observer/participant.

--
Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
Medical Oncology