Fwd: Re: AWIS: what's it all about?

Joy Frestedt frest001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Wed Feb 21 22:30:01 EST 1996

Also note that a strong GWIS group is active in Madison!  They have
regular meetings and activities.  Denise Ingram  is the President and if
you're interested I can find her email.
Joy

----- Forwarded message begins here -----
From: Sarah L. Pallas  <spallas at bcm.tmc.edu>
To: womenbio at net.bio.net
Date: 21 Feb 1996 23:33:08 GMT
Subject: Re: AWIS:  what's it all about?
In article <4gdhjr$9gq at gap.cco.caltech.edu> Karen Allendoerfer,
ravena at cco.caltech.edu writes:
>While we're talking about AWIS, can someone post the contact numbers
>for the national chapter?

National office 202-408-0742, awis at awis.org, or http://www.awis.org/~awis

Madison WI chapter: contact Jaleh Daie, 329 Birge Hall, UW-Madison.

Remember that AWIS is run by scientists just like you, who are busy and
have taken on extra duties in AWIS because they want to help women.  They
may not have time to call everybody and you shouldn't feel snubbed if
they don't.  I got so busy I can't even go anymore, much less volunteer,
but I got a lot out of it when I did go.

Sarah Pallas

------ Forwarded message ends here ------

Joy L Frestedt, PhD candidate
Pathobiology program, Lab Med and Path