women-in-science?

jcoleman at msvax.mssm.edu jcoleman at msvax.mssm.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:57:07 EST 1996

In article <199602212020.PAA05824 at darwin.bu.edu>, clsmith at DARWIN.BU.EDU (Cassandra Smith) writes:
>It would be possible to change the name. We would have to take a vote.
>I understand that their may be another newsgroup called WISE (women in
>science and engineering), if not that may be possibility.
>
>Whether we should broaden the name would depend on the purpose of the
>newsgroup. My original goal to network women specifically in
>biological scienes. I would be glad to a discussion of this
>
>Cassandra Smith
>Moderator

I would vote to broaden the name...most of the discussion is with regard to
issue women face in science or academia...not biology particularly...besides
getting the opinion of the engineering and physical science women would be very
cool...I don't know for sure but I would imagine there are more women in bio
than women in some of those field (this may be an incorrect assumption) but I
think we could offer a good haven for other women in science as well.

Jen