women-in-science?

Jane Dorweiler dorwe001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Thu Feb 22 18:23:03 EST 1996

> Since there already is a forum for woman scientists in general, I would
> prefer that this bionet group remain focused on issues of importance to
> women in biology. Otherwise, the number of messages per day might grow too
> large and unwieldy.

I concur.  Plus with a smaller group, there is a greater likelihood of making
connections with others who may work in a closely related field.  I subscribed
to WISENET for nearly a year and, due to such a diversity of interests,
corresponded with precious few researchers that I might actually hope to meet
during my career.   I suspect my odds are better here.

Jane Dorweiler                 **  Regardless of what they say about the
Department of Plant Biology    **  cat, curiosity is a good thing.  It's
University of Minnesota        **  what makes each and every one of us
dorwe001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu     **  a scientist!!