Outside the US

Hannah Dvorak hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Sat Feb 24 14:54:09 EST 1996

In article <4gckvh$220 at ccshst05.cs.uoguelph.ca>, sanderso at uoguelph.ca (Sherry L Anderson) says:

>Sabine Dippel (sabine at hlrz24.zam.kfa-juelich.de) wrote:
>
>: Let me start with the "little difference" in high school. Germany to my
>: knowledge is the only country where you have to attend school for 13 years if
>: you want to go to University (if you do not plan to attend University, you
>
>In Ontario, we go to grade 13 too.  The rest of Canada doesn't.

Is that still true?  I was under the understanding that when I
graduated in 1988, I was in the last class of grade 13's.  Of course,
under the new system (OACs, or "Ontario Academic Credits") it may
still take most people 5 years to get through high school -
especially if they're still required to take 5 years' worth of English.

- Hannah

Hannah Dvorak			hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Division of Biology 216-76
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125