Jokes about sexism

Ruhlen Rachel rar453s at nic.smsu.edu
Sun Feb 25 16:28:37 EST 1996

This isn't science-related, but I keep encountering this from people who
are supposed to be professionals, and I find it annoying.

Occassionally someone says something along the lines of "Women should bbe
inthe kitchen anyway," meaning it as a joke.  (Or, women aren't as smart,
or some obviously sexist remark.)  I don't think it's funny, but I usually
laugh anyway, or at least smile, to show that I understood it was meant as
a joke.

What would be a better way to respond, without being rude?