are you the secretary?

Drmarts drmarts at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 09:39:07 EST 1996

When I was a graduate student in North Carolina, a sales rep with a
"good-ol'-boy" accent and demeanor once came into the lab, walked over to
the postdoctoral fellow and asked, "Are you Dr. Lauf's lab gal?" We were
the only people in the lab, and we both turned around and looked at him
with what must have been a frightening combination of disgust, incredulity
and anger on our faces  He turned rather red, muttered something and left.
I guess he realized he'd lost all hope of selling us anything.

Sherry