women's cycles

Linden Higgins linden at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Feb 26 18:04:24 EST 1996

This has bounced back twice from the address listed, so I'll write to the
entire list in the hope that Jennifer will see it.

Sorry for writing to the whole list!

>i am trying to write a paper about how and why women's menstrual cycles
>converge when they live together for my women's biology course.  i don't
>have any clue except that it has something maybe to do with pheremones.  if
>anyone has ANY info could you please email me at joelberg at haverford.edu.
>thank you all in advance.  any leads would be greatly appreciated.
>
>:) jennifer oelberger

The original work was done by Martha McClintock, who is now at the U. of
Chicago.  She did the research while an undergraduate at an all-women's
college.  I believe it was published in either Science or Nature.  I don't
have the full citation, but as she has continued to work in this field
(with rats, not humans), you should be able to find a full bibliography
with out too much effort.

Linden

Linden Higgins, Ph.D.
Dept. of Zoology,