are you the secretary?

Galloway Cynthia M kfcmg00 at TAMUK.EDU
Mon Feb 26 17:45:56 EST 1996

Bill Lee wrote about MD's being livid about Ph.D's being called Dr. (I
hit the delete key before I could reply)

I have two short stories to add to this.  When I was waiting to go into
surgery years ago (as a Ph.D. student)  the surgeon came by to see me and
when he found I was working on my Ph.D said, "I could never do that, it's
too difficult".  Don't think I didn't have second thoughts about going
into surgery!!

The second dealt with a secretary at the same clinic.  I don't often use
my title outside of work but the secretary was being particularly rude.
She had been called away from her coffeebreak to fill out some forms so
that I could see the doctor.  When it got down to was I "Ms", "Mrs" or
"Miss" I said none of the above and said "Dr".  When she wanted to know
my speciality I said I was a Ph.D and her response was "Oh, not a real
doctor".  My reply was I was more of a doctor than anyone else in that
building just fill out the form and she left and never came back.

Fun, fun, fun.

Cyndy

--
Dr. Cynthia M. Galloway