high self-esteem and aggression

Cathy Quinones quinones at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 27 18:01:04 EST 1996

In message <9601278254.AA825447494 at ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil> -
dr._margaret_martens at FTDETRCK-CCMAIL.ARMY.MIL writes:

:>     I think my point is that sometimes we tend to ignore the wallflowers,
:>     who may be just the young women that need to be encouraged.  The ones
:>     with an attitude (if they don't get themselves into serious trouble
:>     first) stand a better chance of succeeding on their own.

I agree, and I bet that it's the "wallflowers" that would even out the gap
mentioned in the post that started this thread.

There's also "boy wallflowers" but my guess is that society steers them
towards the traditional paths by default, they don't have to fight that
silent-but-deadly, insidious current called sexism.

(How do you folks that have daughters deal with these issues?  I don't have
kids right now and fear that if I ever have any girls they are gonna come out
wearing little commando outfits and screaming "cross me and you are dead
meat, come on, make my day!!!").

Cathy Quinones			quinones at mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~mintz/coverpg.html = bird care info
Poicephalus rule!!