high self-esteem and aggression

JuneKK junekk at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 09:31:51 EST 1996

 <<I don't have kids right now and fear that if I ever have any girls they
are gonna come outwearing little commando outfits and screaming "cross me
and you are dead meat, come on, make my day!!!".>>

Perhaps, but it reminds me of a story my sister-in-law told me about my
(then) 4 year old niece.  My sister-in-law, by the way, never follows the
"boy is blue, girl is pink" conventions when raising her kids.  However,
one day she asked her daughter if she wanted to play "pretend".  Her
daughter agreed happily.  Then the mother suggested that they pretend they
play "hospital" where one would be a doctor, nurse, etc.  My niece replied
that, no, they couldn't, since there was no BOY to play the role of
doctor!!!!

(Needless to say, she was quickly brought to terms with the accuracy of
this idea!)