women-in-science

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Wed Feb 28 20:48:30 EST 1996

SL Forsburg <susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu> wrote:

>The usenet is big enough to support additional groups in this area;
>perhaps someone who feels strongly about it should consider
>starting a generalist group... sci.women?

There already exists a hierarchy of Usenet newsgroups intended
for peer support and discussion:  sci.research.*, which includes
sci.research, sci.research.careers, and sci.research.postdoc.
I'm sure that one devoted topics of concern to women in science
would be a useful addition.  But the existing groups serve much
the same function, for both women and men.