unsubscribe

Marianne Oprisko mjo1354 at acs.tamu.edu
Fri Jan 5 19:22:54 EST 1996

Janet Joy wrote:

>   how do I unsubscribe?Janet,

I just wanted to comment on your request to unsubscribe.  Your short
interaction with this group may have given the wrong impression.

I have been reading this group for about 2+ years now.  The software I
have does not allow me to subscribe to the group, just read it on the
news reader.  This group has been a kind of internet mentor group for
women with careers or beginning careers in the sciences.  This may or may
not have been the original function, but that's what I've seen for the
past two years.  Yes, there are a lot of academics posting here, but a
lot of the jobs are in academics and all of the students.  If you check
the archives you will see such topics as "what courses should my daughter
take in college" to "how do I handle falsification of data".  As a
graduate student working in a mostly male department and my boss's office
over 1 mile away on the other side of campus, this group has been a good
resource.

You might want to give it another try. Just listen a while longer and
remember a lot of the members spend their time real close to the ragged
edge of life.  This leaves little time for postings.

Marianne
--

Marianne Oprisko
Work: MOprisko at tamu.edu