Do schools matter in industry?

Ditas Castillo ditascas at csulb.edu
Wed Jan 10 02:54:50 EST 1996

   Hello.  I'm new to this newsgroup, but I think this might be the right
place to ask this.  I'm an undergrad, majoring in biology, and I want to
work in industry.  I would like to get my doctorate, but it's very
difficult for me to get it right after I graduate, because of financial
problems.  Everyone tells me I should not wait to get my doctorate
because they are say competition in the top schools is very feirce and
waiting might make me lose my edge.  (I've worked for two years in a
research lab already.)  but does industry care where I go so much as to
what I studied?  If anybody can help me, I'd realFi:
ppre~e it.