Getting Heard

Marguerite Evans p2158740 at ACSUSUN.ACSU.UNSW.EDU.AU
Fri Jan 12 23:00:01 EST 1996

Hi Sarah and Co.,

I am a post-graduate student in science and I must say that at the three
institutes I have studied I have not had this happen to me.  However, I
must say if I am ever in a large group (eg. at a seminar/conference) and I
ask a question/comment I make a point of introducing myself fully.  At
each new place of study, I try to get to know people outside of seminars
etc...I stick my head in their door and introduce myself, or ask someone
I trust to introduce me.  I don't know if you could use this approach to
help your problem, but I know you should not tolerate that sort of
treatment in this day and age.  You have obviously worked hard to get
where you are and you if need to demand respect, then demand!

GOOD LUCK.

Marguerite.

Marguerite Evans
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
UNSW  Sydney  2052
NSW
Australia

voice: (+61)(2)385 2030