get on with it

Beth Shuster eoshuster at UCDAVIS.EDU
Thu Jan 18 21:06:23 EST 1996

On 18 Jan 1996 15:58:41 -0800, p2158740 at acsusun.acsu.unsw.edu.au
(Marguerite Evans) wrote:

...snip...
>Please stop flogging the dead horse and get on with it!

  For those of you new to the group - It is not unusual for discussions to
last several weeks, or even as long as a month if the people are
interested.  Nothing forces anyone to read all of the posts in a given
thread if they get bored before the rest of the group.  Additionally,
nothing stops anyone from starting a new thread (most of us are capable of
following several).

  Given the busy lives of most of us, it is often difficult for everyone to
keep up with the group every single day.  This is especially true after an
extended holiday (I had over 73 messages waiting for me when I returned
from break!).  Personally, I have found some of the contributions to the
thread in the last few days to be very pertinent.

Beth

Beth Shuster
Dept. of Viticulture & Enology       phone: (916) 752-8035
Univ. of California                  fax:   (916) 752-0382
Davis, CA  95616-8598                e-mail: eoshuster at ucdavis.edu