Managerial styles

jcoleman at jcoleman at
Thu Jan 25 16:43:38 EST 1996

I definitely think that Pam Norton and others are correct in that some
graduate students like to be more independant and others like a lot of a grad student myself I'd also like to add that it's not
always one or the other....sometimes it depends on the stage of the student
maybe early on the student wants more discussion and as they get the hang of
the techniques or how to trouble shoot themselves they prefer more
independance. I think science styles are very individual, what is best for
you as a student or postdoc may vary very considerably.