Getting Heard

Lesley McKeown mckeownl at voyager.co.nz
Tue Jan 30 03:53:54 EST 1996

Dear Cynthia,

I can empathise with you although things are a little easier here in
Godzone.
I used to be ignored by those at the top of a male hierarchy until one
meeting, the Chair said "Gentlemen, be seated please". I remained
standing and asked if I was Scotch Mist or something. He still forgets
sometimes but he's learning. Here in NZ, the women are real people and
the men are frightened!! A little tongue in cheek but my theory is that
if they feel threatened, make their fears a reality!

Keep up the good work - I am now the Chairman of my National Growers Body
and their Research Committee.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lesley McKeown