Women in Science: trials & tribulations...comments?

JuneKK junekk at aol.com
Fri Jul 26 13:04:30 EST 1996

Dear Netters,
 I am a member and newsletter editor for an organization called Women in
Neuroscience.  W.I.N. is comprised of 600+ neuroscientists of varying
levels, interested in promoting the professional advancement of women
neuroscientists.

For an upcoming W.I.N. newsletter,  I am writing an article  on the
problems (and hopefully, solutions) that women scientists must typically
face during the course of their professional advancement.  Although the
topic has been somewhat covered here recently, I wonder if anyone could
provide some perspective on these issues.  Sadly,  responses to my
requests for this type of info via other W.I.N. resources have been
somewhat lacking - presumably because WIN members are all too busy in the
lab and classroom!

Incidentally, if anyone wishes to join this organization or receive more
information about it, please feel free to email me.  W.I.N. also sponsors
a symposium on important  topics such as gender issues, networking, etc..
at the annual Society for Neuroscience meeting!

June Kume-Kick